Fisher Funeral Home was established and is operated and owned by the Fisher family since 1885. There is only one location (1520 Effingham Street in Portsmouth, VA). We continue to offer quality and professional service down to the final detail. Four generations later, the tradition of excellence in funeral service continues.
You will find that our staff is knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, and dedicated. It is our objective to guide and assist you in arranging service details.
It is our feeling that services should be a tribute to your loved one’s life so as to be meaningful to you now and in the years to come. Services are reasonably priced and well below the national average.
To all families we have assisted or served: Thank you for selecting us to serve you. It is our sincere hope that our service has been deserving of the trust you have placed in us. If we have helped to lighten your burden, then our aim has been accomplished.
Since 1885 | Fax: (757) 399-6830
Facilities are available for large or small services to include repast and catering.
We take great pride in what we do. Our purpose is to:
- Help families make well-planned preparations in their time of need
- Provide a peaceful and soothing environment where people can gather to honor the life of a loved one
- Preserve longstanding traditions and customs
- Offer personalized and affordable services and products
- Reach out to the greater community